The new teacher portal by Fluency Games allows you to monitor progress and data as your students use our apps. However, before the data can be recorded and saved, teachers must create the student usernames and initial settings.
Setting up a single student or a classroom of students takes just a few steps. First, log in to your account. (Teacher and administrator accounts are created when a subscription is purchased). If this is your first time, then there may be no students in your roster. However, if the subscription was purchased through a school or district, your administrator may have already set up a roster for you.
In any case, to begin adding students to your roster:
- Click ‘Manage Rosters‘ on the left hand menu.
- Click ‘Add Student…‘
- Enter the student first and last name. A username will be automatically created that student. Please note that usernames must be unique, and can be manually changed or entered when creating the student.Note: The Group field allows administrators to assign student to specific teachers/groups. If you are a teacher using the Portal in a school setting, make sure that the ‘Group’ field is set to your Group Name.Otherwise, you will not be able to see the student on the Manage Students Page.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ when done.
Multiple students can be added by clicking on ‘Add Student‘; just be sure to click ‘Save Changes’ when done!
Game settings for each student can then be initialized on the ‘Manage Students‘ page. The next post will outline the steps.
It has been a while since I have posted anything, but we’ve been hard a work at Fluency Games over the past few months getting a couple of products ready to go…
Percent Bingo (click here for more detailed description of Percent Bingo) will be ready for submission to the App Stores this week, and released on the companion website, additionblocksgame.com! We are very excited to get Percent Bingo out the door and having your children and students play the game!
Percent Bingo is designed to build fluency and number sense with fractions, decimals, and percents, in a fun bingo game. The Bingo Numbers are given as a fraction or decimal, and the board is filled with the percent values. Players will have to convert the fraction or decimal to match the percent on their board.
Other features include:
- Adaptive Play– difficulty increases as the player shows fluency in converting values
- Context Sensitive Hint system – up to 3 hints (includes the solution) for each value
- Eight levels of Mastery– from Beginner to Wizard
- Over 30 achievements
- Four speed settings
- Two Board sizes – 4×4 and 5×5
We also in development of a parent/teacher web portal that will allow users to set individual settings for their children/students. We will be rolling out a subscription-based service to track and report progress. This will allow users to see how students are improving and find problem spots.
Teachers and school administrations will be able to upload students, create individual profile settings, and manage their subscriptions. Future additions will allow teachers to create assignments and send messages to their students.
The Web Portal will be beta tested in fall of 2016 and go live early 2017.
Teacher’s Roster of Students
Teacher’s Manage Students – Update App Settings
Manage Students Page – Progress Report Graph
Subscribe to the page for more updates and future products from Fluency Games!